Remember to stretch before exercising!!
My fiancé and I started an at home boot camp this wknd and we were so excited to jump right in we forgot about the importance of pre-work stretching.
Not only are we paying for it with unbelievably sore muscles, but now it will be days before we can work out again.
Here are some simple rules to follow when exercising:
1. Drink lots of water before and after
2. Stretch for up to 5-10 mins prior to starting (especially when trying a new workout)
3. Warm up by walking or jogging giving your muscles ample time to loosen up
4. Post work out stretching will help reduce sure tired muscles
5. If you dare, sit in an ice bath
6. Have some protein 30 mins after working out to rebuild & repair
Now wish me luck getting out of my chair for lunch. OUCH!!