Marilyn Monore was the epitome of sex appeal, her signature look is recreated to this day. I think it was the perfect balance between natural flawless skin and those red lips. Many would like to recreate this type of look at home. Here are a few tips and products suggestions to get you started.
– Medium to full coverage foundation (preferably one with illumination)
– Black eye liner, either pencil or gel liner with brush
– Red lipstick, neutral lip pencil
Here are some application tips;
– Flawless skin most definitely starts this look, so take your time and make sure you evenly apply your foundation and concealer not forgetting to set it with a translucent pressed or loose powder.
– My rule of thumb when wearing a heavy black liner is to stick with neutral shadows adding in a subtle pop of color into the crease area. If you are using a pencil then make sure the tip is freshly sharpened (I like to soften mine by using a piece of tissue so it won’t pull at the lid) Apply from the inner lash line outwards and repeat until desired thickness has been achieved.
– I know what you are thinking , “I can’t wear red lipstick” but the truth is you can. There is a shade out there for everyone so go to your favorite beauty store and start testing. My trick to making red lips last without bleeding is to apply a neutral lip liner to the entire surface of the lips before lip color.
– Most of all if you feel sexy you will look it. So go and get your inner goddess on:)