I travel a ton so I have gotten pretty good at throwing a weeks worth of necessities together in a flash. My system never fails me and I always seem to have everything I need. Try these easy steps next time you are jet setting.
– First of all you need a great suitcase and toiletry case. It’s up to you how much you want to spend but if you travel more than once a year make the investment. I like LeSportsac for all my beauty needs.
– I can’t believe how many people don’t do this – Check the weather!! If it calls for rain then you are prepared.
– Know your plans. Meaning if you are away on business or pleasure, you will have some idea of social events that require your attendance and can plan outfits accordingly.
– I layout all of my clothes per day. And I literally pull all items needed from shoes to accessories. I even factor in a day-to-night transition item like a cute jacket or scarf.
– Bring a few extra items–but the more you bring the harder it is to find anything. Which brings me to my next point…
– Hang up your clothes as soon as you check in. You will feel more at home, not waste time rummaging through your suitcase and your clothing will de-wrinkle!! (same goes for beauty products – I set everything up n the counter and hang up my tote on the back of the bathroom door)
– Use the hotel laundry bag as your hamper, that way you can keep them separate from anything that doesn’t need to be laundered when you get home.
– Rolling your clothes is a great way to fit more in your suitcase and helps prevent wrinkles.
– Get your self some Downy wrinkle release spray–best invention ever. Then when you shower hang up your clothes in the bathroom with the spray + steam and you should be wrinkle free (your clothes that is)…
– I always pack an extra small duffel or shopping tote just in case I have any last-minute shopping urges.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe weekend, Shana.