We all look forward to favorite holiday time dishes, followed by a second helping of dessert with a glass of wine (of course). There is a way to enjoy without blowing the daily calorie intake.
Here are a few rules that will help;
1. Make sure to drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Often our bodies get tricked into thinking it’s hungry when in fact it’s just in need of some H2O
3. Space out courses, enjoy a few apps then take a break before the main course
4. Use a small plate, a large size dinner plate holds twice the portion size
5. Don’t drink all the calories, try a white wine spritzer instead of a full glass of wine. It will cut the calories in half
6. Go for a walk around the block after dinner, it will get the heart rate going and help with digestion
Have a great start to your week – Shana